So, i've started to get some ideas together for my research at last! Am still quite scared that I'm not intelligent enough to undertake research, but...with God's help etc etc!
The vague chapter topics (at the moment) are something along these lines!
- Music in nature (music of the spheres / Shakespeare)
- Music as communication – works both ways
- God’s music – biblical, creator / composer God
- Man’s music, faithful performer / faithful interpreter (music and sex - don't sing about God anymore, so sing about sex - replacing one ecstasy experience with another????)
- Universality of music - why is it that music is always linked to spirituality, around the world?
"If God created music is He merely the composer – we are the performers/interpreters – therefore we are the distorters or faithful conveyers of the message?"
It seems that God has created the ability for His creation to sing, or make music, and therefore, all creative ability stems from Him, therefore, is it justifiable to claim just this, that God is the composer, and that anything we 'compose' is merely an interpreter of that which He has already written!?!?
Hazy I know, please let me know what you think guys, and if you know any Christian musicians, especially writers / composers, please send them a link to this, I'd love to hear their opinion on this!